WiFi & Printing
WPL provides FREE WiFi , wireless printing, internet hotspots and photocopiers at all WPL locations.
WiFi (Wireless Internet Access)
To log on to the network with your wireless device, just follow these easy steps:
- Turn on your wireless device
- Enable your wireless adaptor
- Select SSID/network “WPLMAIN” or “WPLMCC” or “WPLHRP”
- Start your browser
- Accept the Waterloo Public Library Acceptable Use Policy
Once you accept the conditions for accessing the Internet at WPL, you will be taken to our homepage. View our Internet & Computer Use Policy.
Borrow the Internet
Hotspots are great for connecting to the internet anywhere you need it.
- Borrow a hotspot for 2 weeks at a time; 1 hotspot per library membership
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older
- Holds are allowed
- Renewals are not available
- Pickup and return hotspots at any WPL location
- Return the hotspots directly to staff. Do not return hotspots through returns chutes outside or inside the libraries
If you have questions about the Hotspots, ask staff or phone 519-886-1310 ext. 124.
You can easily connect to our printing system from your laptop computer and print to the Library’s printers.
- Verify your machine is up-to-date and that Java is installed & up-to-date
- Black & White prints are 15 cents per page
- Colour prints are 75 cents per page
- Each print job will expire at the end of the day that it is submitted
- You will be required to create a User ID to identify your job. This ID allows you to access your job at the Print Release Station.
NOTE: Linux and Mobile Devices are not supported at this time.
Download the LPT:One Print Client
John M. Harper Branch
Installing via Internet Explorer
- Click Run to run the installer (clientlauncher.exe) from its current location. Internet Explorer displays a Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Run. The system installs the LPT: One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar.
Installing via Firefox
- Click Save File. The Installer (clientlauncher.exe) is shown in the Downloads Manager.
- Click Open to run the installer. Firefox displays the Open Executable File? Dialog box.
- Click OK. The system installs the LPT:One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar
Closing the LPT:One Print Client
- Open the LPT:One Print Client by clicking on the button in the taskbar.
- Click Stop Print Client.
The LPT:One Print Client closes, and restores your previous default printer. When you shutdown or log off your computer, the LPT:One Print Client will automatically close.Step-by-step Instructions for Wireless Printing
Photocopiers are available at all WPL locations. Black and white copies are $0.15 each and colour copies are $0.75 each.