Teachers, take part in our virtual programs and activities right from your classroom.
Get Ready for Kindergarten
We've got specalized book bundles, resources, programs and so much more to help families on their journey through school.
Discover what we have to offer at wpl.ca/kindergarten.
Game on! Summer Reading club
We are here to help kids avoid the summer slide with our famous Summer Reading Club. It looks a little different this year, but it's only because we have made it even more fun. This year kids will get custom picked books, a reading coach, virtual friends, a pen pal and a ton of chances to win a prize.
To learn more and watch a short video about this year's program, click here.
wpl kids express book bundles
Order a curated package of information and library materials suited to the needs of your class. Our online form allows you to specify based on children’s ages, reading levels and interests. Users also can decide the number of items they would like to order.
play anytime programs
Try our Play Anytime activities which you can, well, play anytime! Get active, try a virtual escape room or test yourself with trivia. What about scavenger hunts, geocashes or learning how to make something? New activities added monthly.
Click here to learn more about our Play Anytime programs.
the button project
In this world where wearing a mask has become the norm, we are missing seeing smiles and faces. To help teachers, school staff, daycare and care home staff share their smiles with the people they teach and work with daily, we've launched The Button Project. Taking part is easy and it's free!*
1. Teachers, school staff, daycare and care home staff can email their photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If multiple photos are being sent, please include them together in a ZIP file or via a link to an open folder in a Google Drive
3. Photos should be cropped as a headshot (shoulders up!) and be saved as JPGs or PNGs
4. Please include "Photo Buttons" in your email subject line
5. In your email, please include the contact information for the person picking up the buttons and the WPL location at which they would like to pick-up
6. WPL staff will produce one (1) button for each photo sent (multiple photos from an organization can and should be sent in one email)
7. We will contact you when the button(s) is/are ready for pickup
If you have further questions about The Button Project, phone 519-886-1310 ext. 124 or email email@example.com
*Please note that due to demands, we can only accomodate requests from within the Region of Waterloo.
More virtual programs & events
We have lots of fun programs planned for all ages to take part in at home, virtually and via livestream. Discover what is happening at your library by visiting our online events calendar.