Waterloo Public Library is committed to being accessible for all.
What is Available at Your Library
WPL makes every reasonable effort to provide special technology, services, materials and equipment for customers with vision impairments and other special needs.
- Automatic doors at entrances
- Catalogue Only computer (Main Library – Adult) in large type
- Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA)
- Checkout desks (Main Library) are adjustable in height
- Computer workstations are wheelchair accessible
- Elevator (Main Library) with audio directions
- FM Assisted Listening System
- Headphones available for all internet workstations
- Large print book collections at all three locations
- Parking for disabled persons is available free of charge at all times in all WPL parking lots. The person must clearly display a Ministry of Transportation disabled person’s permit in their vehicle. The designated spaces are located adjacent to each Library entrance. There are no time limits on the use of these spaces.
- Checkout stations on height-adjustable surfaces
- Service dogs and service dogs in-training are welcome
- Tech Connect (free one-on-one computer education)
- TTY (Text Telephone) 1-866-786-3941
- Visiting Library Service
- Website is WCAG 2.0 compliant
- Wheelchair accessible buildings with ramps at the Main Library; McCormick Branch and the John M. Harper Branch are at gradient
- Zoomtext software
… and of course, the friendly WPL staff are here to help!