Waterloo Public Library is committed to being accessible for all.
What is Available at Your Library
WPL makes every reasonable effort to provide special technology, services, materials and equipment for customers with vision impairments and other special needs.
- Parking for disabled persons is available free of charge at all times in all WPL parking lots. The person must clearly display a Ministry of Transportation disabled person’s permit in their vehicle. The designated spaces are located adjacent to each Library entrance. There are no time limits on the use of these spaces.
- Wheelchair accessible buildings with ramps at the Main Library; McCormick Branch and the John M. Harper Branch are at gradient
- Automatic doors at entrances
- Elevator (Main Library) with audio directions
- Computer workstations are wheelchair accessible
- Checkout desks (Main Library) and checkout machines are height-adjustable
Equipment and Technology
- Catalogue Only computer (Main Library – Adult) in large type
- FM Assisted Listening System
- Headphones available for all internet workstations
- Service dogs and service dogs in-training are welcome
- TTY (Text Telephone) 1-866-786-3941
- Website is WCAG 2.0 compliant
- Zoomtext software
- Large print book collections at all three locations
- AudioBooks - books on CD, Overdrive, Daisy books
- Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) – access to braille, described movies, Daisy books
- Visiting Library Service
- Tech Connect (free one-on-one instruction on using any of the accessible technologies)
… and of course, the friendly WPL staff are here to help!