- Due dates for your borrowed items are listed on your checkout receipt and on My Account.
- You are responsible for returning or renewing borrowed items on time.
- Borrowed items can be returned to any of our Waterloo Public Library locations.
- You can choose to receive a courtesy email to alert you 3 days before your borrowed items are due. You can also choose to get overdue notices by email or by phone.
- If you’re late returning your items, you will be charged a daily overdue fines until the items are returned to the library. Daily and maximum fines are as follows:
|Type of Material||Daily Fine||Maximum Fine|
|Adult hardcover books||$0.30||$12.00|
|Adult paperback books||$0.30||$7.50|
|Adult recorded books||$0.30||$12.00|
|Adult music CDs||$0.30||$12.00|
|Adult FastRead books||$2.00||$12.00|
|Adult FastView DVDs||$2.00||$12.00|
|Children’s hardcover books||$0.15||$9.00|
|Children’s paperback books||$0.15||$4.50|
|Children’s recorded books||$0.15||$9.00|
|Children’s music CDs||$0.15||$9.00|
Paying Fines & Fees
- Online by signing into My Account. This option is only available for accounts owing more than $3. Credit card accepted. Secure, quick and easy.
- In Person. Visit any Waterloo Public Library location (cash, cheque, debit or credit card accepted)
- By Phone. Call 519-886-1310 x185 (credit card accepted)
Note that in order to pay by debit or credit card in person or on the phone, the payment must be over $2.00.
The library charges replacement and processing fees for items that remain overdue more than
45 days after their due date.
Replacement and processing fees are also applied to items that are returned in damaged condition.
If you owe $10 or more in fines and fees, you will no longer be able to borrow, renew, or place holds on your library account. Contact library staff to assist you with your holds and renewals.
Unpaid library accounts over $50 may be referred to a collection agency.
If you have questions about overdue items on your library account, ask staff in the library or phone 519-886-1310 x185 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org