Free Wireless Internet Access
WPL provides free wireless Internet at all locations.
To log on to the network with your wireless device, just follow these easy steps:
- Turn on your wireless device
- Enable your wireless adaptor
- Select SSID/network “WPLMAIN” or “WPLMCC” or “WPLHRP”
- Start your browser
- Accept the Waterloo Public Library Acceptable Use Policy
Click here if you would like to view our Internet & Computer Use Policy.
Once you accept the conditions for accessing the Internet at WPL, you will be taken to our homepage.
Print from your laptop computer when using the Library’s wireless.
Please note that Linux and Mobile Devices are not supported at this time.
You can easily connect to our printing system from your laptop computer and print to the Library’s printers.
- Verify your machine is up-to-date and that Java is installed & up-to-date
- Black & White prints are 15 cents per page
- Colour prints are 75 cents per page
- Each print job will expire at the end of the day that it is submitted
- You will be required to create a User ID to identify your job. This ID allows you to access your job at the Print Release Station.
Download the LPT:One Print Client
John M. Harper Branch
Installing via Internet Explorer
- Click Run to run the installer (clientlauncher.exe) from its current location. Internet Explorer displays a Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Run. The system installs the LPT: One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar.
Installing via Firefox
- Click Save File. The Installer (clientlauncher.exe) is shown in the Downloads Manager.
- Click Open to run the installer. Firefox displays the Open Executable File? Dialog box.
- Click OK. The system installs the LPT:One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar
Closing the LPT:One Print Client
- Open the LPT:One Print Client by clicking on the button in the taskbar.
- Click Stop Print Client.
The LPT:One Print Client closes, and restores your previous default printer.
When you shutdown or log off your computer, the LPT:One Print Client will automatically close.