WPL is excited to host a virtual tax clinic this spring. From March 8th to April 30th, eligible customers can request access to our virtual tax clinic where they will receive help from qualified, screened tax volunteers from the Canadian Volunteer Income Tax Program. The volunteers are skilled at completing taxes and are able to prepare these simple returns using the efile system. All of the tax volunteers have agreed to the privacy conditions laid out by the CVITP.
To be eligible, customers must have a household income below an appropriate threshold (as listed on the online screening form) and their taxes cannot involve:
- Rental income or losses
- Capital gains or losses
- Certain types of foreign income
- Support payments (paid or received)
- Partnership income or losses
- Self-employed income or losses
- Employment expenses
- Interest income over $1000
- Income from employment agencies, or income earned by taxi drivers or hairdressers, unless on a T4 slip
Interested customers must complete a basic, online screening form. For those without access to a computer, Information Services staff will be happy to take the customer’s information in person or by phone at 519-886-1310 ext. 124.
To complete the Virtual Tax Clinic's pre-screening form, click here.