City of Waterloo
City of Waterloo Response Page: https://www.waterloo.ca/en/living/covid-19-response.aspx#
Region of Waterloo
COVID-19 Community Support: https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/living-here/covid-19-community-supports-for-the-vulnerable.aspx
Regional Closures and Service Changes: https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/living-here/covid-19-list-of-closures-and-service-changes.aspx#
Province of Ontario
Ontario Minstry of Health - https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
Mental health and addictions online and phone supports
During the COVID-19 outbreak, there are mental health and addictions services that you can access online or by phone. These services will support children, youth and adults who:
- Experience anxiety, stress and other mental health challenges; and
- Can’t access their regular in-person counselling supports.
- ConnexOntario: Adults and frontline workers who are dealing with the realities of COVID-19 can call ConnexOntario at 1-866-531-2600 for mental health, addictions and problem gambling support.
- 211 Ontario: For information and referrals for community, government, social and health services, including mental health resources across Ontario call 211 or 1-877-330-3213. Live web chat is also available.
- BounceBack: A free, evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program that provides guided mental health self-help supports for adults and youth 15+ using workbooks, online videos and phone coaching. Call 1-866-345-0224.
- Kids Help Phone: Children and youth 18 and under who need to talk to someone about their mental health can call Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868, for 24/7 phone and text support.
- Good2Talk: A phone and texting service that provides confidential support to post-secondary students. Call 1-866-925-5454.
- Hope for Wellness Helpline: Indigenous peoples can call 1-855-242-3310 for immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention across Canada (available in some Indigenous languages). Live web chat is also available.
- Talk 4 Healing: Indigenous women can get help, support and resources seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with services in 14 languages by calling 1-855-554-4325 or texting 1-855-554-4325. Live web chat is also available.
For Ontarians currently receiving mental health and addictions services and supports, please contact your current service provider, including community-based mental health and addictions agencies to learn about potential virtual care options. Many are modifying their services to move towards virtual care, meeting clients by phone or secure video-conferencing, if appropriate.
Government of Canada - Health Canada
FAQ (Canada) - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (information in multiple languages): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/financial-assistance.html
Canada Self-Assessment Tool and App - https://ca.thrive.health/
Quarantine Best Practices (Canada) - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home.html
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
Avoiding COVID-19 Fraud - https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/features-vedette/2020/covid-19-eng.htm
World Health Organization (WHO) - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019