Get your geek on June 29 to August 18!
How does it work?
Stop by your favourite WPL location and check out any title to get an instant-win scratch ticket. There is no need to sign up: if you win a prize, you win instantly! If you don’t win, fill out your info on the back of the ticket and you will automatically be entered in our grand prize drawing.
Where do I get a scratch ticket?
You can pick up a scratch ticket from the Information Desk at any WPL location.
What if I’m not able to get to the Waterloo Public Library?
There are three ways you can still get tickets:
1. Submit a review for a title you’ve read, watched, or played this summer. Your review must be at least 50 words to qualify for a scratch ticket. Once we’ve received your review, we’ll pull the next scratch ticket from the pile and let you know if you’re a winner.
2. Connect with us on Instagram @wplteenscene for challenges and contests throughout the summer. Participate in any of the weekly challenges for a chance to win a ticket!
3. Attend summer programs! We’ve got some pretty sweet programs happening this summer and every time you show up and participate, you get a scratch ticket. Better yet, if you bring friends, you get an additional ticket for every person you bring.
How old do I have to be?
To participate in our Teen Summer Reading Challenge you must be in or entering Grades 7 to 12.
Are there any limits to the challenge?
In order to give everyone a fair chance, the following rules apply:
- You must check items out to get a ticket at any library location, so be sure to print a receipt.
- You can only get one scratch ticket per day. If you want more chances, visit the library as often as you can!
- Any item counts toward a ticket e.g. movie, CD, magazine, audio book, etc.